Coronavirus cases are rising – and they are rising fastest amongst 18-25 year olds – so please keep following the rules to keep yourself, friends and family safe:
- Enjoy the nice weather and socialise outdoors
- Stay 2m from those outside your household or bubble
- Meeting friends? Get a free rapid covid test at camden.gov.uk/rapidtest
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly
- Wear a face covering in indoor and busy outdoor public spaces, unless exempt
- Get the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as you’re eligible
- Socialising indoors? Keep windows open to ventilate the space and dilute infection particles
Thank you for all you’re doing to keep Camden safe.
Get the COVID-19 vaccine to keep yourself and loved ones safe and to prevent new variants
The COVID-19 vaccine is safe, effective and gives the best protection against the virus. As many people as possible need to get the COVID-19 vaccine to reduce the spread of the virus, and to prevent people from getting seriously ill or dying. Given the chance, all viruses will mutate and produce unknown new variants and COVID-19 is no exception. So getting the vaccine could help prevent this from happening and protect our community.
Getting the vaccine will also reduce the chance of you passing the virus onto others so even if you think you will be fine if you get coronavirus, you could pass it onto someone else who could get seriously ill. To keep yourself, loved ones and local community safe, please get the vaccine when it’s your turn at one of 15 vaccination sites across the borough.
If you’re 25 and over, or fall into one of the other priority groups, you’re eligible to have the COVID-19 vaccine now.
There are 4 ways to book your free vaccine appointment in Camden:
- Visit nhs.uk/coronavirusvaccine
- Call 119 for free
- If you aren’t registered with a GP, email our local NHS who will book your appointment for you: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need any support to book your appointment, call Camden Council for help on 020 7974 4444 (option 9)
If you want to learn more about the vaccine, you can find more information in the following places:
- Visit nhs.uk/coronavirusvaccine
- Visit camden.gov.uk/covid19vaccine
- Read the leaflet we developed on the vaccine and testing, which includes answers to a lot of frequently asked questions: https://www.camden.gov.uk/documents/20142/0/4205.357+-+COVID-19+vaccine+and+testing+leaflet.pdf/e8091497-886e-5712-e5d8-ad8210b7e5e6?t=1623060430691
- Visit our YouTube channel to hear from local residents and experts: https://t.co/qAPGWY2pI2?amp=1
Additional COVID-19 information and useful links
The practice is unable to arrange tests for coronavirus. Tests are available online or by calling 119.
Find out about coronavirus vaccination, including who will get the vaccine first and information about vaccine safety.
- Check if you or your child has symptoms
Find out about the main symptoms of coronavirus and what to do if you have them.
- Testing and tracing
Get a test to check if you have coronavirus, understand your test result and find out what to do if you’re contacted by NHS Test and Trace.
- Self-isolation and treating symptoms
Advice about staying at home (self-isolation) and treatment for you and anyone you live with.
- People at higher risk
Advice for people at higher risk from coronavirus, including older people, people with health conditions and pregnant women.
- Social distancing and changes to everyday life
Advice about avoiding close contact with other people (social distancing), looking after your wellbeing and using the NHS and other services.
- Take part in research
Find out about health research studies and how you may be able to take part.
Find out about the coronavirus restrictions in your area:
For further information go to:
https://www.nhs.uk/coronavirus or https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus